Error: IMA Service Error Message – 2147483647 – IMA_RESULT_FAILURE
- Created onMar 26, 2014
- Updated onMay 23, 2014
31 found this helpful
Symptoms or Error
“Windows could not start the Independent Management Architecture on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code -2147483647.”The following four Event Viewer errors are logged into the System log:
- Failed to load plug-in ImaPsSs.dll with error 80000001h.
- Failed to load plug-in ImaRuntimeSs.dll with error 80000001h.
- Failed to load initial plug-ins with error 80000001h.
- The Independent Management Architecture service terminated with service-specific error -2147483647.
Steps to Reproduce
Use one of the following methods to reproduce the issue:
- Open the ODBC control panel on the server.
- Locate the IMADirectory Data Source name under the file or system DSN tab.
- Highlight the IMADirectory and select the Configure tab.
- Note the path and database file; for example, C:\program files\citrix\Independent Management Architecture\imalhc.mdb.
- Stop the IMA Service.
- Rename the file imalhc.mdb with a file extension other than .mdb.
- Restart the IMA Service. The preceding error message is displayed.
- Rename the file in Step 6 back to imalhc.mdb.
- Restart the IMA Service. The service starts successfully.
Citrix has seen the Event Viewer Service is in an unresponsive, starting state and therefore prevents IMA from starting.
- Sets the value of the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\IMA\ Runtime\PSRequired\ key to 1.
- Deletes the existing imalhc.mdb.
- Recreates an empty imalhc.mdb.
Important! You must restart the IMA Service after running dsmaint recreatelhc. When the IMA Service is restarted, the local host cache is repopulated with the data from the data store. The data store server must be available for dsmaint recreatelhc to work. If the data store is not available, the Citrix IMA Service fails to start.
CTX440269 – Error: “Setup Could not Start the IMA Service”
CTX735338 – IMA Fails to Start with Error Code 2147483649